The Quickviewer to Check, from now on QV2CHECK (transaction code /REM2/QV2CHECK), is a tool that allows you to create REMEDYNE checks using transaction SQVI and based on selection variants it will create REMEDYNE alerts for each entry in those reports/variants.
- Create a QuickView in transaction SQVI. The report needs to have the prefix “REM_”.
- Inside the report select wich fields will be appear as filters and wich ones will be displayed, make sure the report is set to “SAP List Viewer” (default)
- Selection Fields allow to narrow down the amounts of entries based on the criteria needed.
- List Fields will appear in the alert layout, these fields are the ones that can be used for the REMEDYNE alerts.
- Execute the QuickView and create a variant with the selection needed. Run the report to check whether the report works. You can have any number of variants per report.
- Note: query+variant name must be unique, different users can create queries/variants with the same names, but in that case the mapping will not work.
- Once the report is ready, use transaction /REM2/QV2CHECK: the tool will show you all the quickviews created in the system with prefix “REM_” (it doesn’t matter if you aren’t the one that created the reports), and also the variants created.
- IMPORTANT: when executing the checks it will execute only the query/variant that are marked active.
- If you select a query/variant on the left side of the screen, you will see the parameters mapping on the right side.
- The parameters mapping lets you customize the REMEDYNE alerts. You can enter a free text or use the fields available in the query previously created. Using the search help (F4) will let you see those field and also will automatically add the field description followed by a colon and the field between &….&.
- Before Running the check you have to select wich fields will be the KEY of the alerts, this means which combination of fields (can be one or several) makes an entry in the report unique. This related to the field HASH_ID in table /REM/TMDATA, which is a key field and used to make sure alerts are created exactly once.
- Run the check to create alerts. Once the check is executed, for each pair of query/variant active it will execute the report, load the data and then replace the values according to the mapping, thus creating one alert for each entry in the query. It will replace the values between &…& with the actual value in the query.
- In transaction /REM/ALERTS, in the area Custom Query Viewer, you will see types of alerts/folders with the text entered in parameter MESSAGE_NAME, and in each entry the text entered in MESSAGE_TEXT. The others parameters appear in the info of the alert
- At any time, you can save your work and the changes made.
- You can also run the check via “schedule checks in background” (/REM/ADMIN)
NOTES: SQVI queries can be transported (ABAP transport), but there are limitations for the system releases between which they can be transported (essentially between systems with same release).
We recommend creating SQVI queries in the production system using a service user.